Friday 2 January 2015

Last days in the West

I have left the West behind, and made it to the distant land of.... Toronto.

My time in Washington was beautiful. So fertile and green, so much water! I got to explore Seattle and have city adventures, and also got to some incredible places out of town.


This is the view from Rattlesnake Ridge, just out of Seattle. The snow line is so cool!

For New Year, we went out to the coast for a few days. Out across the Olympic Peninsular to La Push. Unlike any beach I've ever been to. It sort of feels like the edge of the world. Freezing cold, but perfect sunshine. The beach is covered in driftwood.. Or maybe "drift-trees" is more accurate. Some of these relics would have to be the biggest trees I've ever seen! Where did they drift in from?! I was, once again, mind blown.





I know it's difficult to see, but that's a Bald Eagle flying above the trees. He was cool.


Here's me in front of some mad tree corpses. (Feat. my new snow boots!)

We did a bush walk over to Second Beach, through beautiful lush pine forests. Forest on the coast is new to me!


This is Second Beach, tide way out.


And one more picture. This is Crescent Lake, which we drove along to get out to the coast. It is stunning! So glassy! Little houses all around the edge, mountains surrounding.



And now I am far away from all of this... We drove back to Seattle yesterday afternoon, then I got on the plane at sparrow-fart this morning. Now I'm in Toronto. I'm sure there are many adventures to be had over here. I'm getting settled in my new house, nice to unpack the bags. Not even a drop of snow on the ground! I'm actually a little disappointed. I'm sure it will come.

So for now, goodbye to the West, I can't wait to see you again!!

No comments:

Post a Comment