Tuesday 26 May 2015

Back in the Pacific North West

I have been back in Seattle for around a month now, and loving it!
Picked up from the airport with bunches of flowers from my sweetheart, ooohhh yeah! So cute.

We're living in Fremont, Seattle. I bought a bike, cruise around the city. Although the sun does not show itself as much as I might wish, it is wonderfully mild. Maybe even warm... The last few weeks have felt like a big, long sigh of contentment. We've done a few little trips, over to the Olympic Peninsular, and then up to Vancouver Island. And a day trip to an ice cave. The days at home involve exploration of the city, and bike rides to various destinations.

One of the things I love about Seattle is how the wild seems to be contained within the city. Plant life is so prolific that it pushes through anything that contains it. And it is just so GREEN! I sometimes have to just stare at the grass and wonder if I have ever truly known the colour green.

View from the ferry across to the Olympic Peninsular, look close to see the Olympic mountains on the horizon.

I get so excited about seeing deer!

 Big Four Mountain

Oh ferns! My little loves.

 Ice Cave with Kyle in foreground. Big scary pile of snow-ice. Gave me the wigglies...

 Here it is again...

And a beautiful valley view. This place feels ancient.

No comments:

Post a Comment